#5 | Underground parking lot flood protection
Removable flood protection to be installed without work
Underground spaces are the first to be affected in the event of flooding. A few centimetres of overflowing water can quickly become a deadly trap and cause considerable damage.
MegaSecur has developed dam models specifically designed to protect garage and car park entrances against flooding.
If a flood, flash flood or Cévenol storm warning is received, Water-Gate garage flood barriers can be deployed in a matter of minutes, even if the street is already being flooded.
Low or openwork retaining walls
The Water-Gate © dam rises with the flood.
From a certain level of flood the retaining wall limits the maximum protection height.
The dam is preferably placed as high on the slope as possible.
Which Water-Gate © series should I choose?
Measure the height H1, which is 1 meter from the top of the slope (base).
If H1 is larger than 50 cm, then measure H2 2 meters from the base.
In the event of an asymmetrical descent, be careful and take measurements on the worst-case side.
The correspondence table indicates the Water-Gate © series that you need (example below with H1 = 36 cm).
Installation in ten minutes
- Completely unfold the dam on the ground
- Slide the dam to center it
- Raise the ends above the walls
- Adjust the leading edge against the floor and walls
- Place a bag of sand at each corner to limit leaks
- Secure the leading edge against the wall using a clamp
- Position sandbags under the dam to increase frictional forces
- Check that the canvas touches the ground at the angles then fix the ends at the top of the walls
- Stretch the ridge edge with pliers at the corners to limit creases
- Provide a pump to collect the leakage water
Flood protection for the entrances to the Q-Park car park at Nîmes railway station
|Length deployed||24,3 m|
|Equipment||WL 6050 and WL 6030 barriers in rolls on Avenue Leclerc
WL 3950 and WL 3930 barriers in rolls on Avenue Natoire
|Protection height||150 cm|
|Assembly||Supported by the walls with ropes and hooks (provided). Passing over the central reservation, ensuring that the dam hugs the surface correctly when dry.|
|Location||Q-Park, Nîmes railway station|